Safety Vision, Mission, Goals & Philosophy
OUR SAFETY VISION, MISSION, GOALS & PHILOSOPHY
School Safety Vision: Think Safety • Act Safely
School Safety Mission: Create a physically and psychologically safe and secure learning environment for staff to work & students to learn.
School Safety Goals
- Build a secure school environment and develop a school safety culture for staff to work and students to learn effectively.
- Equip students with knowledge and life skills to work and play safely.
School Safety Philosophy
- Safety is everyone's business – School wide approach to school safety involving school leaders, teachers, students, support staff, contract vendors, parents, etc.
- Safety is an acquired culture – Everyone must embrace safety with passion and conviction; safety habits must prevail anywhere, any time.
- Safety is a concern now and in the future –Safety needs evolve and we must prepare students for future safety challenges in their lives.
OUR SAFETY VALUES, MOTTO & GUIDING QUESTIONS
School Safety Values
- Respect: Respect potential hazards by managing and dealing with risks seriously.
- Responsibility: Be responsible for the safety of self and others.
- Resilience: Always be mindful of and follow safety rules and regulations.
- Compassion: Act safely to show care and concern for self and others.
- Integrity: Be honest about being safe for self and others.
- Passion for Learning: Always find out about potential hazards you will face and learn to deal with them effectively.
The school believes that safety begins with self and encourages its students to Think Safety and take ownership of safety by introducing the safety motto and Guiding Questions:
- Think of safety first for self and others.
- Comply with all safety rules and adhere to safety instructions.
- Act in a safe manner always for self and others.
3 Guiding Questions
- Am I well/fit for the intended activity?
- Will this activity be safe for me or others?
- Can I refine my intended activity so that it is safe for me and others?
Click here to download Safety Powerpoint
Click here to download Letter to Parents on Road Safety